Middle East ISIL Terrorists Seize Oil Facility in Northern Iraq BAGHDAD (Dispatches) – The ISIL Takfiri terrorists have taken control of a small crude oil separation unit in northern Iraq. Two officials from Iraq’s staterun North Oil Co. confirmed that the militants seized a crude oil separation unit in Khabbaz complex, located about 20 kilometers (12 miles) southwest of the city of Kirkuk on Saturday. The officials further noted that 15 oil workers are missing after the facility came under attack and lost contact with them. We received a call from one of the workers saying dozens of ISIL terrorists were surrounding the facility and asking workers to leave the premises, said an engineer from the North Oil Co. “We lost contact and now the workers might be taken hostage,” added the engineer, whose name was not mentioned in the report. The complex had been controlled by the Kurdish Peshmerga forces of Iraq’s autonomous region of Kurdistan since June 2014. The facility, with a maximum production capacity of 15,000 barrels per day (bpd), was producing around 10,000 bpd be- A view of Khabbaz oil facility near the city of Kirkuk, northern Iraq fore the attack. On Friday, ISIL attacked Peshmerga forces southwest of Kirkuk, seizing some areas. The Takfiri terrorists have captured several oil fields in Iraq and neighboring Syria. They use Chuck Hagel says the US may need to use non-combat troops in Iraq to gather intelligence on ISIL. “I think it may require a forward deployment of some of our troops ...,” the outgoing military official told CNN on Friday. “I would say we’re not there yet. Whether we get there or not, I don’t know.” These non-combat troops might be needed to play certain roles including gathering intelligence and spotting ISIL terrorists, said Hagel who announced his resignation under pressure in November. We need these troops not for “fighting” or “combat” but “to help airstrike precision... locate. Those are things where we could continue support.” “It could be necessary,” Hagel Army Find, Detonate Bomb in North Lebanon BEIRUT (FNA) – Lebanese Armed Forces (LAF) found and detonated a bomb next to the Majdlaya-Qoubba highway on the outskirts of the Northern town of Tripoli. LAF in a statement said that the four-kilogram bomb was discovered during a night patrol in the Zgharta district, the Lebanese National News Agency (NNA) reported. “The patrol also found metal pieces next to the bomb which was set to explode by a timer,” the LAF added. CIA... (Continued From Page One) The newspaper said that during the Iraq war, the Bush administration had approved a list of operations aimed at Hezbollah, and according to one official, this included approval to target Mughniyeh. “There was an open license to find, fix and finish Mughniyeh and anybody affiliated with him,” a former U.S. official who served in Baghdad told the Post. According to the newspaper, American intelligence officials had been discussing possible ways to target the Hezbollah commander for years, and senior U.S. Joint Special Operations Command agents held a secret meeting with the head of the occupying regime of Israel’s military intelligence service in 2002. “When we said we would be willing to explore opportunities to target him, they practically fell out of their chairs,” a former U.S. official told the Post. Though it is not clear when the agencies realized Mughniyeh was living in Damascus, a former official told the newspaper that the Zionist regime had approached the CIA about a joint operation to kill him in Syria’s capital. The agencies collected “pattern of life” information about him and used facial recognition technology to establish his identity after he walked out of a restaurant the night he was killed. (Continued From Page One) revenues from illegal oil sales to fund their terrorist activities. ISIL started its campaign of terror in Iraq in early June 2014. The heavily-armed militants took control of the city of Mosul before sweeping through parts of the country’s Sunni Arab heartland. Iraqi soldiers, police units, Kurdish forces, Shia volunteers and Sunni tribesmen have recently succeeded in driving the terrorists out of some areas in Iraq. US May Need Ground Troops in Iraq fense Secretary Chuck Hagel says the Pentagon may have to use noncombat troops on ground in Iraq to fight the ISIL Takfiri terrorists. 7 U.S.... Hagel: WASHINGTON (AFP) – US De- FEBRUARY 1, 2015 According to the army, a military expert detonated the bomb on location on Friday night because it was too risky to move it. On January 14, a General Security unit found a 30-kilogram bomb in the Northern city of Tripoli. Another 10-kilogram bomb was also found in Tripoli that same day. Tripoli was hit by a double suicide bombing on January 11, which killed nine and wounded more than 50 at a crowded café in the neighborhood of Jabal Mohsen. said. “It could be, but I’m not willing to say that it will be necessary.” Hagel went on to say that President Barack Obama has told both Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and Gen. Lloyd Austin, commander of US Central Command, to approach him if they think it is necessary to resort to military options in the fight against ISIS in Iraq and Syria. The ISIL terrorists, who were initially trained by the CIA in Jordan in 2012 to destabilize the Syrian government, are engaged in crimes against humanity in the areas under their control. They have been carrying out horrific acts of violence such as public decapitations and crucifixions against all communities, including Shias, Sunnis, Kurds, and Christians. ISIL started its campaign of terror in Iraq in early June 2014. The heavily-armed militants took control of Mosul before sweeping through parts of the country. Afghan Protest Against Charlie Hebdo Goes Violent, 2 Killed KABUL (Press TV) – At least two people have reportedly been killed and two dozen more injured during violent demonstrations in Afghanistan over sacrilegious cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad published by the French magazine, Charlie Hebdo. Large crowds of protesters poured onto the streets of the Afghan capital, Kabul, on Saturday to denounce the weekly. Several demonstrators carried banners and placards reading, “Death to France” and “Death to the enemies of Islam.” The participants denounced Western media for spreading Islamophobia and hostility against Muslims. The protest turned violent when the riot police tried to disperse angry demonstrators. Police reportedly fired shots in the air and at stone-throwing protesters. Local media quoted witnesses as saying that at least two people were killed and several others injured during the violent clashes between police and the protesters. However, Kabul police chief, Abdul Rahman Rahimi, has denied reports of the deaths, saying 24 people, including several policemen were injured during the clashes. Kabul deputy police chief, Gul Agha Rohani, rejected the accounts that police used live ammunition to break up the demonstration, saying, “The protesters were throwing stones at the police, and the police fired some shots in the air to stop the protesters.” Muslims across the Middle East, Africa, South Asia and other regions have been outraged by the most recent publication of sacrilegious sketches of the Prophet Mohammad by Charlie Hebdo. The French weekly has repeatedly provoked Muslim anger by publishing such offensive cartoons. On January 14, the magazine, whose Paris office was attacked by two gunmen on January 7, once again published a cartoon of the Prophet on the cover of its new edition despite warnings that the move is provocative. the assistance of some CIA officers during his investigation. There also is a wealth of circumstantial evidence to suggest that Diego Garcia was used in the so-called rendition program. There have been reports that an Al-Qaeda terrorist known as Hambali, who was suspected of involvement in the 2002 Bali bombing in which 202 people died, was taken to Diego Garcia to be interrogated following his capture in August 2003. A report in Time magazine quoted a regional intelligence official as saying he was being interrogated there two months after his detention. An American detention facility of some sort is known to exist on Diego Garcia. In 1984 a review by the U.S. government’s general accounting office of construction work on the atoll reported that a detention facility had been completed the previous December. According to answers given to parliamentary questions, British military officials – who are nominally in command of the atoll – re-designated another building as a prison three months after the September 11 attacks. In the past, Tony Blair, as prime minister, and Jack Straw, as foreign secretary, both denied the use of the atoll during the rendition program, but these denials were contradicted by David Miliband, one of Straw’s successors, who told parliament in February 2008 that information had “just come to light” to show that two rendition flights stopped there to refuel. That statement was made after human rights organizations obtained flight data showing that two aircraft closely involved in the CIA’s rendition program had flown into and out of Diego Garcia. A number of sources in the U.S. have said there were a number of references to the CIA’s use of Diego Garcia in the report on the agency’s use of torture that was published last month by the US Senate intelligence committee. Since then the UK Foreign Office has evaded a series of media inquiries about Diego Garcia and about the report, and has instead responded with a stock response. Asked about Wilkerson’s comments, a spokesperson issued the same statement: “The U.S. government has assured us that apart from the two cases in 2002 there have been no other instances in which U.S. intelligence flights landed in the UK, our overseas territories, or the crown dependencies with a detainee on board since 11 September 2001.” The Foreign Office has also performed a number of twists and turns when asked questions about the fate of flight and immigration records relating to Diego Garcia. Last July the Foreign Office minister Mark Simmonds told Andrew Tyrie, the Tory MP who has been investigating the UK’s involvement in the rendition program for almost a decade, that daily records were “incomplete” due to water damage. The following day, however, a Foreign Office official was photographed in Whitehall carrying a batch of emails that showed that Scotland Yard detectives had taken possession of “monthly log showing flight details” and “daily records (obscured) month of alleged rendition”. A few days later, Simmonds told MPs that “previously wet paper records have been dried out”, and that “no flight records have been lost as a result of the water damage”. Two months after that, the Foreign Office told the Commons foreign affairs committee that a number of immigration records relating to civilians landing on Diego Garcia “have been damaged to the point of no longer being useful”.
© Copyright 2020